RP's Stuff and Things...

The spot for my online journal entries. Be forwarned that I am a Christian and am the founder of the Christian Paintball Players Association, and I may have to rant now and again. Please keep in mind, though that these are my personal thoughts and opinions, and do not represent "Christianity", The COGOP denomination which I am a member, my local church, or the CPPA.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Norwalk, Iowa, United States

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

The message for Wednesday

One of the interesting things about being part of the COGOP, is that my local pastor affords me opportunity to teach on Wednesday evenings/pulpit time. THis is not necessarily a very common thing, though I am now (since march, 2005) an actual member of the COGOP. In any case, I appreciate his mentoring me and the support and encouragement.

In any case, I have been doing a series on some of the names of God and how He presnets himself to us, His creation. Tomorrow, I will be doing the name master/Adonai. I have been struggling with this for some time as the "west" has this built-in adversion to using the word "slave", especially when it is in current context and not in reference to some historical past.

I believe that God wants us to have a full understanding of who He is and His relationship with us, and that includes the master/slave mentality and relationship. The challenge is that almost without an exception, whe you mention the word slave, the hairs ont eh back of your neck stand up and immediately people take a defensive posture, because they are offended that we should be slaves.

Part of the challenge in understanding that is lacking is that we should be volunteer slaves. we make ourselves subserviant to the master, not vice versa. It becomes a matter of trust and guidance. Not a matter or issue of forced labor or forced dominition.

it's like we have to unlearn before we can learn. we make so many choices and assumptions in life based on what we "know", but what is it that we know? why must we be so stubborn? why do we feel the need to defend who we are or what we believe when information comes to light that we know to be truth, but disregard it becuase it doesn't line up with what we have called "right" for so long.

Anyway, just wnated to post another blog and ask some rhetorical questions.
thanks for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home