RP's Stuff and Things...

The spot for my online journal entries. Be forwarned that I am a Christian and am the founder of the Christian Paintball Players Association, and I may have to rant now and again. Please keep in mind, though that these are my personal thoughts and opinions, and do not represent "Christianity", The COGOP denomination which I am a member, my local church, or the CPPA.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Norwalk, Iowa, United States

Thursday, July 08, 2004

More writing? (marriage and homosexuality)

Recently, it has come to my attention that people actually are reading this stuff, and someone actually said that I haven't updated this blog for over a month, so here is an update:

Marriage is a religious institution. Marriage = one man and one woman.

The honorable Senator Hutchison (TX) said it on her website (http://hutchison.senate.gov/marriageamdt.htm), and I don't think I could have said it better, so I will just quote:

"Marriage laws have historically been the responsibility of state governments, and I generally oppose federal government intrusion into matters of state authority. Periodically, however, one state's action can have serious and far-reaching implications for other states, particularly because our Constitution requires states to give full faith and credit to the laws of other states.
In 1996, the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) defined marriage as only between a man and a woman. I voted for this federal law, and I continue to support it today because I believe the traditional family unit should remain the foundation of our society. The recent decision by a narrow majority of the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court mandating same-sex marriage threatens to overturn DOMA nationwide and effectively make that single state's marriage policy the law of our entire country.
In response, Senator Wayne Allard (R-CO) has introduced S.J. Res. 30, the Federal Marriage Amendment, of which I am a co-sponsor. This bill would amend the Constitution to define marriage in the United States as consisting only of the union of a man and a woman. Currently, S.J. Res. 30 is under review by the Senate Committee on the Judiciary. When this legislation comes before the full Senate for a vote, I intend to support its passage."
 
----

I believe homosexuality is a sin. The Bible is very clear on this subject. The weirdness comes in when the Christian is supposed to have tolorance (normally rendered, as acceptance) for these kinds of things.

NOT. tolorance does NOT equate acceptance. I can tolorate that a given person has sin in their life (heck, that wold be, well, everyone!). But that does NOT mean I have to accept that sin as normal or something that is considered "diverse". Bah.

diversity in age, and race, yes, but not when it comes to things that are, in my opinion immoral. I have several friends and acquaintences that are "out of the closet". I love them, and accept them, but I do NOT accept their sin. I love the person and eschew the sin.

on a different slant, I think that it is absolutely unaceptable that a "leader" in the church is allowed to continue to be a leader when he is living in sin AND there is no repentance. I don't knwo if that makes sence, but sometimes certain sins take a while to be freed from (without miraculous intervention from God).

The problem I have, and I think you know what I am talking abotu is when church leader proclaims that he is homosexual, and is not only proud of it, but has not taken any steps to free himself from this sin.

so, there ya go, several mini rants all in one blog! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home