RP's Stuff and Things...

The spot for my online journal entries. Be forwarned that I am a Christian and am the founder of the Christian Paintball Players Association, and I may have to rant now and again. Please keep in mind, though that these are my personal thoughts and opinions, and do not represent "Christianity", The COGOP denomination which I am a member, my local church, or the CPPA.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Norwalk, Iowa, United States

Thursday, July 29, 2004

more thoughts from rp...

As many of you know my wife and I have been trying to adopt for nearly 5 years.  we have all but given up for various reasons.  I would like to request your prayers in that we just found out that a lady at church has informed us that she is pregnant.  This is a little difficult for us, because that family already has 3 girls.  I am nto saying that they don't want a 4th child, but from a selfish POV, it is a difficult situation.  This is, I think 4 ladys now at our small church that are with child.

I am not saying all this for sympathy, but rather for prayer request.  We want a shild, but more importantly, we both want what God wants for us.  So prayers for God's will and our obedience, not necessarily that we have open doors for adoption.

continuing with my ramblings, I woke up this morning thinking about God.  Not so unusual, really but this morning was especially inspiring.  I was brushing my teeth and for some reason was just in awe of the fact that I had teeth.  Probably doesn't mean much to you all, but I was just thinking about how much I enjoy a nice steak, or apple even and the fact that God gave me teeth to be able to enjoy these things.

As the morning progressed, I was on the way to work and listening to my classes on CD.  (I am learning Spanish using Pimsler courses on CD.)  And was inspired of the fact that I can learn stuff.  again, maybe not meaning anything to most people, but I am one that likes to learn and am a "knowledge-junkie" so to speak.  I like to learn and if I can get someone to fully sponsor me, I wold rather be a full-time student than have to work all day, and take classes in teh evenings and on my "spare" time.  I was just in awa that God designed and created us as beings of learning.  that we can continually grow in thought, process and maturity.  He is awesome.

when I arrived at work, I realized that I was arriving at work.  The thought came to me that many, many, adn dare I say - most people don't like the work they do, and as such are not satisfied in most of their day.  I like my job, I like the work I do in my job and my days are satisfying, adn productive.  Why?  I do like what I do, but more than that, it is a way to fund the things that I believe that God wants me to do as ministry.  Currently meaning CPPA and what I do in my local church, as financial director, mediaministries director and as a minister in the church.

As I was walking up the 5 flights of steps (3 floors) to get to the floor where I work, God spke to my heart again, and I was inspired that I was relatively healthy, but specifically that I had legs that work without inturruption and with ease.  I walked up the stairs and it was pleasing to me to be able to do this.  God is awesome and even though I didn't have to think about firing specific neurons in my my brain to activate specific muscles, I still made it up the stpes and with relative ease  This is amazing.

while sitting in my little cubicle, I was again amazed by God's great design.  I am in a corner cube, adn have alot of windos around me.  looking out, I see a firestation, some houses and some other businesses, as well as the little man-made pond with fountain in teh frint of the building I work.  what a wonder these things are.  specificaly water.  water, is amazing.  hydrogen and oxygen, yet in liquid.  without being a chemist, and maybe there is scientific reason (haven't studied it yet), but in my little brain, I wonder why "hydro" isn't some kind of rocket fuel or combustable. any way, it is pretty too!

thanks for readin'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home