RP's Stuff and Things...

The spot for my online journal entries. Be forwarned that I am a Christian and am the founder of the Christian Paintball Players Association, and I may have to rant now and again. Please keep in mind, though that these are my personal thoughts and opinions, and do not represent "Christianity", The COGOP denomination which I am a member, my local church, or the CPPA.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Norwalk, Iowa, United States

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

General Assembly is over...

Now it's time for some interesting times in my life. Previous to the GA, I was not allowed to become a minister in the COGOP. I understood why and just did not understand why God had laid it on my heart to pursue this. I have been divorced and I am remarried. Previous to the last GA, that situation prevented me from being a minister. Many in the organization even believed me to be unsaveable because I was living in adultery, according to their paradigm.

On the other hand, there are many more (as we know now since the marriage document has passed and been accepted, I won't get into all that detail, but essentially says that God intended marriage to be between one man and one woman and for a lifetime of monogamous relationship. It further states that we live in a fallen world, and further that God forgives and is sovereign.) that agree with me in my salvation and did not only NOT condemn me, but I was nurtured and trained.

The first step of this journey was when I felt Gods calling me in this denomination. Again, I didn't understand why. Then a couple years later they had a General Assembly and the process for becoming a member was changed to have only one prerequisite - salvation, and the fruit thereof. This was left to the discretion of the local body and pastor. There were no other prerequisites as had been in the past, just salvation as is in the New Testament example.

Still attending faithfully, and supporting my local and regional and even at national levels of the Church of God of Prophecy, I continued to be obedient to God's calling me to the ministry. Knowing this direction that I believe God had me walking - I took some classes (books to read) and then took the tests that were prerequisites to being a minister in the COGOP. I nearly aced these tests. This was done a couple years prior to my even being allowed to be a member of the church.

So now I am at a place that I am just waiting, and continuing to be as obedient to God as I am able. Do I know what direction I am going? Not really. Do I know why I am here? Not really. I do believe that I have been obedient. After the last GA (2 years ago) with the membership recommendation passing (salvation prerequisite only), I had officially let my pastor and regional overseer know that I wanted to be considered to be set forth as a licensed/ordained minister in the COGOP. That was forwarded to the North American presbytery, and I was told that there was nothing they could do for someone like me in my circumstances (divorce and remarriage).

I had expected something like that, but through out all this and from the beginning of our independent church merging with this COGOP, I wanted to be obedient to God's leading and to be sure that I was doing everything I could to go in that direction. Not just prayer, but actions in my faith, taking the tests, becoming a member, requesting to be "set forth". I had even been under the mentorship of Bishop James Endecott for a while, and we became good friends. He has since been called to another church in another city two hours from here, but we continue to communicate and have fellowship and I continue to be under his mentorship leading (remotely, and unofficially).

Now that the marriage document and recommendations have passed, I am at a straight. I am not sure what to do, except continue to be lead by God and be as obedient as I possibly can. The challenge? There doesn't seem to be anything else that I can do. I have taken the tests, I have become a member, and I don't think it would be right for me to re-ask to be set forth to be licensed/ordained. I have done that already.

Abba, my abba-Lord; hear my prayer. I come boldly before you in the name and authority of your Son, and through His blood to your throne of Grace and Mercy. I am seeking your guidance and leading in my life. I have done all that I know, and it seems that the organization you have me in has even made the changes that were necessary to bring me this far, even though those changes seemed to be impossible, and impassible. I now continue to place my life in your hands. You are my Lord. You are my creator. You are my sovereign. You are my God. I merely want what you want for my and my life, even if I don't know what that is. Thank you for your leading me and for not restraining your Holy Ghost from my life. I need you Holy Ghost, and I do not want you to depart from me. Please help me to be obedient to God's leading and calling.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to you brother, you are in my prayers. You said God called you to this denomanation, then He must have known there thinking, right?
God has it under control. "Fear not, nor be dismayed, be strong and of good courage".

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for God's will to be accomplished in your Life. Whether or not you are ever "licensed", you ARE indeed a "minister" of the Word of God to people. Be encouraged!

4:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home