RP's Stuff and Things...

The spot for my online journal entries. Be forwarned that I am a Christian and am the founder of the Christian Paintball Players Association, and I may have to rant now and again. Please keep in mind, though that these are my personal thoughts and opinions, and do not represent "Christianity", The COGOP denomination which I am a member, my local church, or the CPPA.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Norwalk, Iowa, United States

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Though this is a kind of older picture (taken last year), I have been doing some reminising of the previous year, as I have been archiving the nearly 60 gig of (saved) pictures that I took last year.

The first thing I realized is that I am not a photographer, and this is only a hobby for me and in some cases part of teh ministry God has given me, as I snap memory captures for family and church-friends.

The next thing is that I usually average keeping about 1/3rd of the total pictures I take, so with 60 or so gig saved - wowzers, that's alotta pictures.

In any case, as I was remembering and going through some of these people and places, I realize that I am a very blessed man. The above picture is a case in point.

I love my son and my daughter, and am very proud of them both. But there is another family member that I am equally as proud and am glad to be able to call him my son-in-law (Jason is second from teh left, I am far-right).

He is far from perfect, and makes mistakes as many young adults do. But one of the characteristics I love about my daughters-pick is that he will own-up to his mistakes and do what's necessary, even at the expence of his own pride and ego, if that's neccessary.

Jason is a great kid (well, you know what I mean, after all I am a bald-old-guy), and a good Christian and Disciple of Christ. I can tell he wants more and wants to learn more of God and grow his relatioship with God, as well as do whatever is right and necessary for his family.

I love him like my own son. Speaking of kids... MyLisa and Jason are expecting another child in a few months, so I get to spoil another grandchild! They know that He is a boy and will be naming him after MyLisa's grandfather - Forest. What a great name.

in kind of a closing remark, also just wnated to say that I actually posted another blog in less than a month of the previous one!! woohoo!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, not only YOU with your legs showing, but Dan and Jason too! AHHHH! *shields his eyes* :)

Again, my congrats to JT and MyLisa on their upcoming 2nd child! That's incredible to hear! I miss all of you guys. Praying that God continues to bless you all richly!

Oh, and congrats on posting more than once in a month RP! ;)

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home