RP's Stuff and Things...

The spot for my online journal entries. Be forwarned that I am a Christian and am the founder of the Christian Paintball Players Association, and I may have to rant now and again. Please keep in mind, though that these are my personal thoughts and opinions, and do not represent "Christianity", The COGOP denomination which I am a member, my local church, or the CPPA.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Norwalk, Iowa, United States

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Hoefling Exodus Tour 11/13/07

http://picasaweb.google.com/rambopreacher/Exodus1113

Tuesday, November 13
Temple Mount, Wailing Wall, Holocaust Museum, Yad Hashemona (Salo’s home) for lunch; Israel Museum, Shrine of the Book, Model City
Hotel Jerusalem Renaissance
Ruppin Bridge at Herzl Blvd, Jerusalem, Israel 91033
Tel. 011972-2-659-9999
6:30 wake up 7:00 breakfast, 8:00 start
Wailing Wall – archeology dig, separate men and women
Holocaust Museum – purchased Torah
Lunch at Yad HashemonaSalo’s community – 100 families in commune/kibbutz living – Christian Jews
Israel Museum – Model City and Shrine of the Book, Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit – windy & cold!

My comments:
The temple mount area and dome of the rock was an awesome site. I asked the tour guide if he knew where the trench was that they dug with a backhoe, he did not know. I looked for it and based on what I saw on the web, it was the other side of the area we were located, and I wasn't comfortable going to the other side alone.

We could have entered the Al Aqse mosk, if I recall correctly, but we would have had to verbally proclaim that Jesus is not God. or at least that's what I am told. We entered the area from a wooden bridge, and over some archaeological digs. they were active,a s I could tell, but nobody was actually there.

we then went through the cotton gate to the "wailing wall". the last fragments of the second temple was this section of the wall, according to tradition. After a time f prayer at the wall; I prayed for Israel and for Christs manifestation to them and realization and "quickening". we went inside an area that had lots of "libraries", I assume most of which were Torah and Tanach.

there were a couple places that had thick glass or acrylic locations in the floor to see a couple stories down to the original foundation stones and the excavation areas below. it was awesome, and I wish I could have been able to actually go down there.

The holocaust museum was a moving experience. I found myself behind a group of German/Austrian tourists, I found that there were a few in the back that were making fun of the travesty being presented around them. the others were not like that, but there were a few in the back that I sensed that they felt that it was all a sham and made-up to get sympathy and to make money. I began to cry.

Yad Hashemona is the Kibbutz that the tour guide, Salo, a Messianic Jew, lives. we had lunch there and walked around there a bit. the Biblical Garden was a peaceful and beautiful place. there was a time of worship and praise (in Spanish :) ) and a message about end times being now.

Off to the Israel museum and the shrine of the book. a place that housed the dead sea scrolls in a hardened vault. I thought that the Isaiah scroll was going to be on display. what was there wasn't even a replica. it was a picture. I was a bit disappointed in the displays, but not the content. I think I was able to see more actual DSS fragments when Mary and I went to a museum display in Kansas City.

The model of the old city was very impressive, and larger than I was anticipating. the locations and buildings are traditional in architecture and location. as I am still formulating an opinion on the temple mount location and the area next to it as the Antonia fortress. but currently, I believe that it should actually be something a bit more south and the fortress should be much larger than shown. Even so, it is a wonder to see the model and the traditional views.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home